Heretic Guild Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Geckjin

Application!

-Disclaimer: I have looked at your Classes Open for Recruitment thread, and I saw your Shaman class applications are closed. Furthermore, I've spoken to Matti and been told you have an Enhancement Shaman already. In spite of all this, I am applying under the Exceptional Applications (or is that Exceptional Applicants? ;) ) Clause, with hopes you will consider me! Enjoy.

-Character name: Geckjin

-Class: Shaman

-Level (must be 70): Hmm. This is a really tough one! I hope I get this one right... Ooh, I know! 70! :D

-Talents: Currently 40/0/21, a run-of-the-mill PvP Elemental spec. However, what I offer myself as is a 2/45/14 (or 3/44/14) Enhancement Shaman, although I can also join you as an Elemental Shaman in an appropriate PvE Elemental spec should that be how you want me.

-Are you willing to respec if needed?:

Short answer - Yes, should the raid require it.

(Long answer - I am experienced and perform well as both Elemental and Enhancement, although admitedly my Elemental gear is fully PvP oriented and thus not entirely suited for PvE (lack of spell hit rating). I can mitigate this with talents, but not fully. My Restoration gear is rather subpar, and my skills at that spec merely mediocre – I don't enjoy it, due to being forced into it pre-TBC.)

-Professions: Skinner/Herbalist. Money-machine. All secondary skills also maximized (yes, even Fishing).

-Link to Armory profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...e&n=Geckjin

Being that I'm in a PvP spec at the moment, the Armory is likely to show me in my PvP gear, which I do not think is what you want to see. Here is a compact version of relevant statistics in an Enhancement spec:

1446 Attack Power

19.41% hit chance

29.11% melee crit chance

I am perfectly willing to link my gear in the Enhancement spec item by item or see if I can log out in it for your convenience, if needed.

-Timezone: GMT+1 (Also known as Server Time!)

-Can you raid at least 2 out of 3 raids every week? (raids are on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays from 19.30 until 23.30 servertime)

Short answer - Yes.

(Long answer – I can raid each Friday and Sunday without fail. When I cannot (an emergency, for example), I am happy to post such on the forums or othervise notify the guild that I will not attend. Wednesdays, however, I have classes until 20:00, which means I am home late for the raid – around 20:45. However, once I am home, I can jump into a raid without problems, should I be required to.)

-Previous guild(s) and why did you leave it/them?

I am a sticker, so I didn't have many guilds. Pre-TBC, I was in various small guilds of friends, which mostly disbanded. I was in Orcish Delight for a while (another small guild) with TBC's coming, but most of my TBC time, and thus TBC raiding, I spent in Tavern of the Lazy Peon. Tavern is a great guild overall, and I have a slew of friends there, but I decided to apply here due to two simple facts – one, I can no longer attend two out of three raids they have in a timely fashion due to RL schedules (the abovementioned classes), and two, I've been growing increasingly frustrated with Tavern's raiding lately.

-If you currently in a guild, did you inform the officers about applying here?

Yes, I am currently still in Tavern, however I have requested to be demoted to a rank that does not allow me raidspots unless sorely undermanned (so that I am not 'leeching epixx' while applying to another guild). The officers are aware I may apply to another guild more suiting me and my schedule.

-Are you applying to other guilds than Heretic?

Nope. I got my eyes out only for you guys!

-Who do you know in Heretic?

I know Inexxa! Yes, yes, I'm aware he's only an initiate. A variety of your members may have seen me in PvP or those AQ40 runs Luki held, but I know none of them truly well or personally.

-Why do you want to join Heretic?

There are two reasons - one, you raid Fridays, a rarity on this server and a day I am completely free to do as I like. This appeals to me greatly, seeing I cannot timely attend the usual Monday-Wednesday-Thursday routine; and two, you are a guild that, considering your progress, does very well in this game. I enjoy seeing new content, and I'd very much like to have a chance to visit, and perhaps finish, the Black Temple, Mount Hyjal and the Sunwell Plateau before WotLK comes and they are forgotten, a chance I will othervise simply not have.

-What's your raiding experience?

I assume this pertains to post-TBC raiding experience. Let's see… Karazhan cleared (ain't I just leet? That one's sure to get me a trial! :P ), Zul'Aman cleared, 5/6 bosses in Serpentshrine and 3/4 in The Eye (with attempts on Kael'thas, but never successful ones), and some loose attempts on Rage Winterchill.

-What can you bring to the guild?

An Enhancement Shaman who knows their job, knows their class and knows the game. A person behind the keyboard who is a quick learner and adapts to situations, and despite lack of practical knowledge of the instances you do, willing to read strategies, watch movies and perform at their best in a raid.

Outside of 25-man raids, I can bring lighthearted banter and fun to the guildchat, as well as shaman pewpew for the 'lesser' raids and 5-mans, should you be running 'em. People tell me I'm interesting to converse with. ;)

-Do you have the following addons or programs?

DeadlyBossMods: Yes.

Omen: Of course. My class doesn't work without! ;)

Group Calendar: Not yet, but installing addons takes a whole 2 minutes of work, so I guess I will have it 2 minutes after shuffling this application in. :D

TeamSpeak: Yes, and a working headset.

-Anything else you'd like to add?

Thank you for getting this far! (Shoulda made a TL;DR version :P )

If I should be so lucky as to get invited into the guild before Friday, I might as well make a note that this Friday, I will be late due to having an exam. However, after that, everything's as stated in this post.

Indeed, Gorg. Even though we're apparently full on shamans, I wish you the best of luck with your app.

Very nice application bud, good luck with it B)

Nice app indeed, plus I've heard you are very good at what you do.

but...

I say you fuck off because you have the raven mount and I don't and I'm really jealous. <_>

Nice app indeed, plus I've heard you are very good at what you do.

but...

I say you fuck off because you have the raven mount and I don't and I'm really jealous. <_<

Love you too, Deadcroft! :P

Poke me if you wanna go glitch in AV sometimes. The Horde actually wins the stuff nowadays!

Honestly, haven't seen a detailed app like this for ages. This surely falls under the 'exceptional' cases category! :)

GJ and GL mate.

Great application, one of the best ive ever seen. But we have two Ench shaman already and rarely pick them both, so we can't offer you a spot atm. Im sure with applications like this you will find a good raiding guild.

Best of luck.

Not very likely, seeing all the other guilds simply raid when I can't attend. Ah well. Maybe a server transfer is in order.

Thanks anyway!

Sign in to follow this