Sign in to follow this  
soulforged

Mage Application - Soulforged

APPLICATION FORM

-----Character name: Soulforged

-----Class: Mage

-----Level (must be 80): 80

-----Talents: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents....p;cn=Soulforged

-----Are you willing to respec if needed?: Yes I am.

-----Link to Armory profile:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...p;cn=Soulforged

-----Timezone: UTC/GMT +3 hours ( Server time +1 hour )

-----Location: Turkey , Kocaeli ( 30 minutes to Istanbul Strait(Bosphorus) by my own car. )

-----Can you attend at least 2 out of 3 raids every week? Yes I can. I can raid 5-7 days a week.

-----Does your connection suck?

(We know no one is going to say 'yes, my connection sucks'. But it's not hard to find out once you start raiding, so if you're going to lie, just save yourself the hassle and don't apply in the first place.)

No it does not suck.

It's not always flawlessly smooth(because of stormrage itself I guess), but still never caused me any problems in boss fights, for example, even in relatively long fights like Ulduar25 hard modes before we outgear them.

-----Previous guild(s) and why did you leave it/them?

Mint : Disbanded

Carpe Cerevisi : Me and my friends, 10-11 people, which are some of the officers, class leaders, and veteran raiders, including ex-Gm and the Gm at that time, got sick of the increasing slackyness and lack of raiders of stormrage Alliance and decided to make our move to horde thinking its bigger raider potential.

Resurrection : Some of the core raiders go below ''casual'' , quitted or having a long break(!) from game. Seriously lacking raiders...

-----If you are currently in a guild, did you inform the officers about applying here?

Yes, I did.

-----Are you applying to other guilds than Heretic? No, I'm not.

-----Who do you know in Heretic? I don't know anybody in Heretic.

-----Why do you want to join Heretic? First and obviously, Heretic is a great raiding guild with a very old and strong history and interested in ''progression raiding''.

In my book, that means, guild consists of nice and mature people, disciplined great ''raiders'' who know their classes and this game and playing as a team.

This is pretty much everything a raider expects from a guild.

-----What's your raiding experience?

Naxx : Cleared // EoE : Cleared // Sarth 3 drakes 10/25men : Cleared before Secrets of Ulduar's release.

Ulduar 25 normal : Cleared before nerfs and before Call of the Crusade's release.

Ulduar 25 hard modes : 8/13 cleared before Call of the Crusade's release apart from Algalon, Yogg+0, Yogg+1, Firefighter, Freya, Crazy cat lady, Iron dwarf: Medium rare.

Ulduar 10 men normal : Cleared.

Ulduar 10 hard modes : All cleared apart from Yogg+0.

TotC 10/25 : Cleared

TotGC 10 : Cleared , including an early ''Tribute to Insanity'' run

TotGC 25 : Sadly, only Beasts ...

ICC 10 : Cleared apart from Lich King (I played The Lich King encounter many times including p3 )

ICC 25 : Cleared apart from Lich King, Sindragosa, Blood Queen, Dreamwalker, Putricide

-----Can you provide a log of your performance in a raid?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4uga3cgl12pv7t0a/

-----Why do you play the class and spec you play? In what way do you think you will improve our raids?

57-3-11 Arcane raiding spec with ''Slow''.

I specced for ''Slow'' because, in my opinion, it was the most guaranteed, fast and easy to put slow effect available in my guild's Lich King 10 men setup for Val'kyr Shadowguards ...

I was thinkin that I should be able to cast it on Val'kyr even if she would come to pick myself. Tried and it worked.

I believe that I'm capable of dealing with mechanics of this game as a raiding mage.

I inspect every fight deeply to see what I can do to improve raid's comfort, maximize my dps, and my survivability with every ability mage class has, all of these are supported by various consumables and addons to track internal Colldowns/Procs my mage has, and macros(focus target , mouseover etc.) to improve my speed and reaction time. I'm always aware of my surroundings, what will and can happen next and mentally ready for it.

I see my dps above average.

I was always one of the top 3 damage dealers in my guild's 25 men and 10 men teams. In my opinion more important then that, is that I like changing targets and dps'ing ''little(!) adds'' a lot, unlike some of the ranged dps'ers I know and come across

I know how useful ''dominant burst damage'' arcane mages have can be, which can reach up to 20-30k dps with normal raid buffs ( 45-50k dps, with encounter specific buffs, similar to ones in Val'kyr Twins and Blood Queen encounters...).

I'm also a fast sheeper ! :))

-----What can you bring to the guild?

An experienced raider and a graceful, helpful, friendly and easy going person.

-----Do you have the following addons or programs?

DeadlyBossMods: Yes.

Omen: Yes.

Mumble: No, but I'll get it.

-----Anything else you'd like to add?

Gaming System:

3GB ram, nVidia GTS250 chipset gfx card with 1gb memory, intel core2quad 2,6GHz microprocessor

Razer Naga MMO Gaming mouse, Sidewinder X6 gaming keyboard

Raid FPS/Latency: 50-60 / 50-200ms

Thanks for your time

Soulforged

(I'm sorry if my application is looking a little bit confusing because of lacking rich text usage. I just could not find a way to make the panel work with my browser)

I know how useful ''dominant burst damage'' arcane mages have can be, which can reach up to 20-30k dps with normal raid buffs

You can do 20 to 30k dps? I doubt it, maybe you mean arcane blast crits? :P

We are looking for an exceptional mage, and your gear and experience isn't either really

You can do 20 to 30k dps? I doubt it, maybe you mean arcane blast crits? :P

We are looking for an exceptional mage, and your gear and experience isn't either really

I know this could damage my own application i just put on. But soulforged is one of the best mages i had the pleasure of raiding with.

Experience and gear he lacks is due to not having a decent chance to raid a total package team to optain both of them.

His awareness and skills r exceptional for a dps class. Not just focussed on rotation and only topping the meters.

"Peak" dps means shit, anyone can "peak" with a few lucky crits in a row especially mages. Average value as you call it is what actually matters 99% of fights.

Right. I agree with you.

But I would like to add this aswell. Turning back to my application post, I'm not saying ''my dps is insane ! i can do 50k bla bla .. '' there.

I'm talking about usage. Mage burst is the dominant burst damage source in this game at the moment. It can be very useful under some situations like pushing for a phase change or popping mirrors and burning down a nasty add which is nuking healers etc extra quickly. More examples can be given.

The paragraph about ''how I dps'' is the one starting with ''I see my dps above average.''

Sign in to follow this