Heretic Guild Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Valiriel

Valiriel - Combat Rogue

Personal Information

English skills:

Mother Tongue is English. (Granted that doesn't mean much lately.)

Character Information

Main Character:

Valiriel

Class:

Rogue - Combat

Gear:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...amp;cn=Valiriel

You may notice that some of my Rogues gear is majorly lacking. This is mainly down to only getting back into PvE as of recently, so in a mad dash of getting gear for the last three weeks, a few ICC25 PuGs (lead by me) and several several thousand of gold later, this is where I stand, although they are quite noticably bad, I do know where and what I have in mind to upgrade them with, and it's not all that hard to obtain. (Mainly from Frost Badges or first four bosses in ICC25)

Current /played time:

Total time played: 55 Days, 3 hours, 11 minutes, 33 seconds.

Professions:

Jewelcrafting/Mining - Planning to change mining to engineering, still gathering gear for it however.

Alternate Characters:

Seraphim - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...amp;cn=Seraphim - BC Raiding Character. (This guy has the all my BC Raiding Achivements on him, BT/MH/Sunwell pre WotlK)

Aloraius -http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&cn=Aloraius This character was mainly a test to see if I wanted to continue healing in WotlK (Which I did not) did 4/5 TogC25 pre ICC with her.

Character History

Previous guild:

Do Not Panic This was the raid guild that I played with on my former realm of Sporeaggar, where we achieved all the server firsts. Reason for leaving this guild was I grown tierd of PvE and real life become more of a hassel around that time so I helped them find a new healer and parted ways with them, still good friends with a large ammount of the guild. Shame the sever is awful.

Experience:

During the Original World of Warcraft I was able to clear the majority of the content as a Hunter (Away From Keyboard Auto shoot for the win!) During the time of the Vanilla I did not raid on any other characters and was focused entirely on the easy life of a hunter.

During the Burning Crusade I played my Paladin Seraphim (Now known as Nuelah), having cleared all content with him also, Tempest Keep and Serpent Shrine Cavern and some of Black Temple and Mount Hyjal with Modus Operandi then finishing Black Temple and Mount Hyjal with Call of Blood, as well as the first boss in the Sunwell Plateau with Call of Blood also. Then with the return of the former guild master Solon I decided to leave the realm. Whilst on the realm Moonglade I was able to finish Sunwell Plateau before the end of the Burning Crusade. (Was able to kill M'uru pre nerf. However not Kil'Jaeden himself, managed to kill him after the nerf.)

My experience in Wrath of the Lich King is almost as complete as my previous. Having killed everything beside Anub'Arak Heroic mode, and Algalon the Observer and the bosses that lurk without Lich King Pent House. Suite.

Summary:

Vanilla

Onyxia: cleared

Molten Core: cleared

Black Wing Lair: cleared

Ahn'Qiraj (20): cleared

Ahn'Qiraj (40): cleared

Zul'Gurub: cleared

Naxxramas: Cleared

The Burning Crusade

Karazhan: cleared

Zul'Aman: cleared

Gruul's Lair: cleared

Magtheridon's Lair: cleared

Serpentshrine Cavern: cleared

Tempest Keep: cleared

Mount Hyjal: cleared

Black Temple: cleared

Sunwell Plateau: Cleared,

Wrath of the Lich King

Naxxramas 10/25: cleared

Sartharion 10/25: cleared

Malygos 10/25: cleared

Ulduar 10/25: 13/14

Trial of the Crusader 10/25: cleared

Trial of the Crusader Heroic 10/25: 4/5

Onyxia 10/25: cleared

Icecrown Citidel 10: 6/12 (First four + Dreamwalker and Festergut)

Icecrown Citidel 25: 2/12

Gameplay

What is your normal spell/ability rotation in a raid environment?

Combat Rogue DPS rotation - Not really much you can say about it. It's one of the low ramping high DPS simple rotations their is.

User Sinister Strike to build combo points up.

Firstly use apply Slice and Dice with 4 or 5 Combo Points (Deppending how you do with Glyph of Sinister Strike)

Constant five-point Eviscerate - Ensure you keep Slice and Dice active all the time.

Use Cooldowns early and as often as possible.

What Glyphs are you using, and why?

Major Glyphs:

Glyph of Killing Spree - No brainer, no reason not to remove such a large ammount of time off your 'hardest hitting' ability.

Glyph of Sinister Strike - More combo points faster is more damage, again no reason not too.

Glyph of Evicerate - This one is open to alittle more debate though. The other choices being Glyph of Slice and Dice and Glyph of Adrenaline Rush, both of which are good, but after some testing. I found in the current gear set, Evicerate gives me more DPS on adverage.

Minor Glyphs: (Only really two that I need to mention for PvE)

Glyph of Safe Fall - Reduces fall damage, can be handy in any situation.

Glyph of Vanish - More speed after a vanish is never bad in any situation you need to vanish in.

What do you feel are the strengths and weaknesses of your class?

The major strenght of a Rogue is of course there unending resource (energy) allowing them to DPS all the time without true drawback (Not that many classes have a resource drawback anymore).

A major weakness is how 'squishy' the rogue is, where as plate DPS may be able to take a single cleve from a boss, chances are a Rogue can't. Mortal of the story. Don't get cleved.

Addons?

I am not going to list every addon I use, however I will note that ones that I feel are important to have when being a member of a Raiding Guild.

Deadly Boss Mods Sure you all know that this is, alerts you to various boss spells and abilities during boss the encounter.

Grid Again another thing I am sure most of you know, a good Raid Frame.

Grid quickhealth Something that not everyone may know about (Although I assume healers do) a plug-in to Grid that helps the bars update a lot quicker by using the Combat Logs rather than Blizzard sever data.

Forte Xorcist Keeping track of my cooldowns and how long I have left on my Hunters Mark, and Serpent Sting.

OmniCC Sure you know that this is also, just to help keep my aware of cooldowns.

Omen - No Brainer for a DPS.

Beside that it's mainly personal taste Addons such as unit frames and bag Addons and all the other things you can most likely think off.

Consumables?

There's a whole universe of different food, elixirs and flasks you can use today. So I shall try not to go into which I use and why too much, I don't want to bore you all.

Which consumables I use usually depends on the encounter and if the encounter is deemed; Hard, Progress or Farm.

Flask and Elixirs:

Flask of Endless Rage - Little bit of a no brainer. Not yet had chance to check how the DPS will differ if I use ArP Elixir's once at that gear level.

Wellfeds:

40 Armor Pen / 40 stamina Once at the level where I will be stacking ArP up. This will be the food of choice for progress or difficult bosses.

Fish Feast The only time I will eat these if they are used is when we are on Farm bosses.

Miscellaneous Questions

Can you attend at least 2 out of 3 raids every week?

In a word: Yes.

Does your connection suck?

Nope, recently ungraded to Virgins 50MB lines (Although they don't always reach that high on speed checks) there are a few blips and DC's once every blue moon.

If you are currently in a guild, did you inform the officers about applying here?

I have told the guild leader I will be getting back into PvE and will be scouting around for a guild.

Are you applying to other guilds than Heretic?

Nope.

Who do you know in Heretic?

No one, which kind of makes it more intresting. Hopefully can make some new friends.

Why do you want to join Heretic?

I am looking for a guild that is able to achive things and kill bosses. Clean and simple.

Can you provide a log of your performance in a raid?

Sadly not, not long been playing this character and have yet to really record data and compare to speadsheets what I have achived in PuG ICC's.

Why do you play the class and spec you play? In what way do you think you will improve our raids?

I mainly play the class I play due to having played everything else by this point. I was a ranged DPS in Vanillia. A Healer and Tank in Burning Crusade. So really the only other thing I need to experiance is Melee DPS. After trying out a few of the diffrent Melee on the PTR. I came and settled upon the rogue as my favored class out of the five Melee.

What can you bring to the guild?

Two weapons, some posions, and some DPS.

Do you have the following addons or programs?

DeadlyBossMods: Yes.

Omen: Yes.

Mumble: Yes.

Availability?

I am always able to attend raids no matter the time or day. If an event happens which will make me unable to raid I try my best to inform someone in the guild of my possible absence or lateness. (Weather that be a normal member to pass on to an officer, or an officer themselves)

What did I miss?!

If I did miss off any of the finer details that anyone would like to know, you can contact me in-game.

Thank you for your time in reading my application!!

You may notice that some of my Rogues gear is majorly lacking.

Even though rogue recruitment is closed - we are open for exceptional applicants. Somehow that seems to translate to the vast majority as "if you quit raiding 6 months ago please apply". You are in real terms about 2 or 3 tiers behind us in many of your slots. You must be on crack to think we would be interested in gearing up your alt.

Nice effort on the app, but even another 5 pages wouldn't make a difference

Sign in to follow this