Heretic Guild Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nokodohere

Holy priest application; Nokodohere

Character name: Nokodohere

Class: Priest

Level (must be 80): 80

Talents: Holy (offspec switching between discipline and shadow depending on what my guild needs at that time, since icc came out it has been discipline)

I will explain a bit about my holy build, since I made some choices not all holy priests make, however I can justify them.

1) Taking Spell Warding instead of Divine Fury.

I didn't take divine fury because I never use greater heal, I occasionally use smite and holy fire when there is nothing to be healed, however, during hardmodes I noticed I am basically spamming heals, and don't have time to throw in a smite or holy fire. I don't use greater heal because I am always on raid healing and greater heal only overheals anyways. Spell Warding however is a good talent, because all the damage I take in a raid is spell damage (aoe).

2) Not taking Desperate Prayer

I don't know if I really have to explain this, it is more a personal choice, I prefer to use binding heal to heal myself up, and never really had the need for a big self heal.

3) Taking Blessed Resilience

Although some people may think this is a PvP talent, it increases healing for every single healing spell I have by 3%, which is good.

4) Not taking Empowered Healing

I did not take Empowered Healing because, again, I don't use greater heal a lot and flash heal heals for less than binding heal. Since there are no mana problems whatsoever since WotLK came out, I am mostly using binding heal as a filler instead of flash heal. My main healing spells are PoM, renew, CoH and PoH.

Are you willing to respec if needed?: Yes, however I favour healing over dpsing.

Link to Armory profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&cn=Nokodohere

Currently my armory might be in my fishing gear, however I logged out in holy gear tonight, so it should change during the night probably.

Timezone: +1 GMT (Amsterdam, Paris)

Can you attend at least 2 out of 3 raids every week?

I will always be able to attend to the Monday and Thursday raids. Most of the time (90%) I will be able to attend the Sunday raids as well, this has to do with me sometimes visiting my parents in the weekend and not having a pc with WoW there. However when I do not visit my parents I can attend the Sunday raid.

Does your connection suck?

(We know no one is going to say 'yes, my connection sucks'. But it's not hard to find out once you start raiding, so if you're going to lie, just save yourself the hassle and don't apply in the first place.)

No, I have a stable 20Mbit/s connection, with my pc connected to my modem by a cable, so no fluctuating wireless connection.

Previous guild(s) and why did you leave it/them?

I have only been in two notable guilds in the whole of my WoW time (the other guilds I have been in were only while levelling). The first one is Wombles of the World. I left it when icecrown citadel just came out. We had a pretty stable core raid group back then, when all of a sudden half of that group decided to leave the guild and form their own, 10 man, raiding guild. This left me quite pissed off and I decided to leave the guild, along with several others from the guild. I went to phöenix, because I liked the people in there, and they had a pretty stable raid group going. I have since been in phöenix, raiding with them. I have not left them yet, because I have not yet found a new guild.

If you are currently in a guild, did you inform the officers about applying here?

Yes I informed my officers about applying to Heretic.

Are you applying to other guilds than Heretic?

I am not applying to other guilds than heretic, I do not yet know what I will do if I will not get accepted.

Who do you know in Heretic?

I have played with quite a few of you, especially the last weeks. Specifically I really enjoyed playing with Ryenna/Modrak in an icc 10 pug my guildies in Phöenix had set up. I have probably grouped with most of you in the last year at some point or another though. (Also Matti and I have met since we have the same name...)

Why do you want to join Heretic?

I want to play WoW fully, seeing all the content when it comes out, and not when it has been out for over a year. Besides that I want to play in a nice guild, with nice people, and I think Heretic is the guild to go for. I really enjoyed playing with you in the ulduar 25 PuG about a week ago, I think it is amazing that there was such a relaxed atmosphere in the raid, while everyone was still focusing a hundred percent when we actually got to killing any bosses. I want to play with people like myself, who completely focus on a boss, and that do not spend 25 minutes regrouping, buffing, dc-ing, afk-ing, asking for fish feasts, dying to trash and afk-ing again, before finally giving the boss another go.

What's your raiding experience?

Vanilla

Nothing. I started playing when tbc came out.

The burning Crusade

cleared Karazhan;

cleared Mt. Hyjal;

cleared Gruul;

cleared Magtheridon's lair;

cleared Serpentshire Cavern, except lady Vashj;

cleared some of Black Temple when Sunwell Plateau was already out with a pug, never got to actually raiding it with my guild.

Wrath of the Lich King

cleared Naxxramas 10 and 25 man;

cleared Obsidium Sanctum 10 and 25 man (+3 drakes both);

I wasn't playing when Ulduar came out because I wanted to focus on my study, however I did ulduar 10 up to Vezax when I came back and ulduar 25 only the first 4 bosses, have cleared ulduar 25 last week with you;

cleared ToC 10 including hardmodes, because of Wombles not having enough raiders I never cleared 25 on hard mode, however I did clear it on normal;

cleared icc 10 on normal, got 6/12 on heroic, only got up to sindragosa on 25 man, again because of my guild situation.

Can you provide a log of your performance in a raid?

No, I cannot, because Phöenix doesn't have any logs of raids I was in. (I have one, where I play as shadow of about 2 months ago as they needed a dps then, however that log is probably pretty unnecessary as my main spec is holy) Also I checked for a log of the ulduar fun run last week, sadly there isn't one.

Why do you play the class and spec you play? In what way do you think you will improve our raids?

I play a holy priest because it is the only class I really enjoyed in all the time I played WoW. I have played all other classes, although not all at high level, but priest is the only one that kept me satisfied all the time. I have been holy since level 10, levelling through instances, and really learned to play my class. I think I can improve your raids by always being at the top of my game, and not bitching about loot or anything else. I think I can keep all your dps alive, even if they stand in the blue fire at marrowgar (but I guess you don't do that....) and always be positive and helpful to other raid members.

What can you bring to the guild?

I can bring you a holy priest that is dedicated to always performing his best. I am also an active user of Vent/Mumble, who likes to talk and offer help. I am aiming to not only improve my own game, but moreover to help the guild achieve the highest possible. Besides that I can also bring you stamina buffs, spirit buffs and shadow resistance buffs.

Do you have the following addons or programs?

DeadlyBossMods: Obviously

Omen: Obviously

Mumble: Yes, but only so I could answer yes here, I have not actually used it. I have used vent however and am an active talker on it.

Anything else you'd like to add?

I know my gear is not at the level that your gear is at, however I think my skill is. Gear is easy to come by nowadays, and I think I will be a valuable asset even with my current gear. I know you are nearly finished with WotLK content, having only Ruby Sanctum and LK 25 hc left, and I probably will not be able to play a big part in the kills on them (although I hope I can). I definitely hope that when cataclysm ships in I can be with Heretic, progressing through the Cataclysm content as fast as possible.

Previous guild(s) and why did you leave it/them?

I have only been in two notable guilds in the whole of my WoW time (the other guilds I have been in were only while levelling). The first one is Wombles of the World. I left it when icecrown citadel just came out. We had a pretty stable core raid group back then, when all of a sudden half of that group decided to leave the guild and form their own, 10 man, raiding guild. This left me quite pissed off and I decided to leave the guild, along with several others from the guild. I went to phöenix, because I liked the people in there, and they had a pretty stable raid group going. I have since been in phöenix, raiding with them. I have not left them yet, because I have not yet found a new guild.

Edit on this part: I have been kicked out of Phöenix over the night, because I applied here, this leaves me guildless at the moment.

Hi Matti,

Thanks for your application. Unfortunately we're full on priests, so we'll have to decline your application.

Good luck in your search for a guild.

Sign in to follow this