Decrepify

Dw Frost DK- X-Realm

APPLICATION FORM

Character name: Decrepify

Class: Death Knight

Level (must be 80): 80 of course.

Time zone: GMT +1

Are you willing to respec if needed?:

Yes, I'm always willing to respec to be of maximum benefit for the raid.

Link to Armory profile:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Agamaggan&cn=Decrepify

Talents/glyphs/sockets:

Talents:

DW Frost://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Agamaggan&cn=Decrepify&group=2, this is pretty much the "cookie-cutter" spec for Dw Frost at the moment. However there are 4 talent points that can vary depending on personal preference/raid setup.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight#flP1UWsDu1IiuD,,11685 This is the "basic" talent spec, with pretty much all the "must" have talents.

The points you haven't spent anywhere will be put in any of the following talents depending on your raid setup and personal preference:

Chill of the Grave: Points spent in this depend on the amount of resto druids/discipline priests in the raid.

Blood Caked Blade: One of the highest dps/point talents and it gets even better if you have alot of arpen on your gear,it's a "must have" talent in my opinon.

Subversion: The only time you should spend a point here is if you're having problems with threat, and well that shouldnt happen unless the tanks are shit :).

Killing Machine and Black Ice:These two are roughly the same dps, so choosing between them two is more of a personal prefernce.

Glyphs:

Glyph of Frost Strike: Basiclly a free Frost Strike every 130 RP.

Glyph of Obliterate: Speaks for itself really, 25% more dmg on your top ability is pretty much priceless.

Glyph of Disease: Is pretty much a must have, using it means you replace 2x BS with an OB every other rotation "round". It is a MUST if socketing armor penetration.

Rotation/priority:

My "oppening" looks something like this:

IT-PS-OB-BS-BT-UA-Pest-DUMP

However Frost isnt a "rotation" spec, it is a Priority system, the priority list looks something like this:

Single Target

1) Killing Machine -> Frost Strike

2) Keep Frost Fever up

3) Keep Blood Plague up

4) Obliterate

5) Blood Srike

6) Frost Strike

7) Rime

8) Horn of Winter

AoE

1) Howling Blast

2) Keep Frost Fever up

3) Keep Blood Plague up

4) Pestilence diseases to all available targets

5) Death and Decay

6) Obliterate

7) Blood Boil

8) Frost Strike

9) Horn of Winter

Socketing:

As a Frost DK, it has shown that socketing Armor Penetration at higher gear levels is a decent DPS increase (around 500-1000), this is because the top damaging spells scale very well with Armor pen, aswell as the talents Necrosis and Blood Caked Blade. However it is only a DPS upgrade if you can reach the cap and use Sigil of Awareness.

Since I currently dont have enough Armor Penetration from my gear to socket it, I'm forced to socket strength. But as soon as I get enough Armor Penetration from my gear I will start socketing for it.

Can you attend at least 2 out of 3 raids every week?

The raid times/days suit me perfect and I will be able to keep an almost perfect attendance. The only time I'll miss a raid is if something unexpected comes up or there's a special occasion (birthday etc) .

Does your connection suck?

(We know no one is going to say 'yes, my connection sucks'. But it's not hard to find out once you start raiding, so if you're going to lie, just save yourself the hassle and don't apply in the first place.)

My connection is very stable but I do get the occasional disconnection from time to time (very rarely though).

Previous guild(s) and why did you leave it/them?

Guild: Eternal Revenge

Realm: Twisting Nether

Eternal Gathering was the first raiding guild I joined it was a casual guild and progressed slowly. But we still managed to kill everything up to 3/4 in TK and 5/6 in SSC. It disbanded and got remade several times at the end I wanted something more, and that was more serious and stable raiding. I proceeded to leave the guild and search for a new home.

Guild: Inspired

Realm: Twisting Nether

The first “hardcore” raiding guild I joined. We managed to kill everything up to Council in BT and Archimonde in MH. Because of the summer they had to mass recruit people to get raids and in the end it didn't work out very well. This led to us merging with another top guild on the server that had similar issues. Since I was one of the newer members in the guild I didn't make the cut to get into the newly formed guild, I then decided to take a short break from WoW.

Guild:Phoenìx

Realm:Executus

After taking a break from WoW I came back hungry for raiding and progress and proceeded to actively search for a guild. After searching for a while I joined Phoenìx. I really enjoyed my stay in Phoenìx and the people in it and got some good progress with them. But because I had a lot to sort out IRL I had to stop raiding. When I came back and had sorted everything out I asked the GM if I could start raiding again, but since they had mass-recruited they didn't have any room for me, so I went on my merry way in search of yet another guild to call my home.

Guild:Casual Hardcore

Realm: Agamaggan

After some search I joined Casual Hardcore. I got [Realm first! Grand Crusader] with them (a tad late but still ^^). The guild had a bit of drama when I joined the guild and at the end it escalated and some of the core-members migrated/left the guild. After that it became even worse, and in the end half of the raiding squad left the guild to make a new one for cataclysm, and thus Casual Hardcore was no more.

If you are currently in a guild, did you inform the officers about applying here?

I'm currently guildless since my last guild disbanded.

Are you applying to other guilds than Heretic?

No, and I would never do such a thing. I apply to a guild because I find that it fits me and how I want to raid and not just mass-apply in hope of getting accepted to one of them.

Who do you know in Heretic?

Nobody at the moment :).

Why do you want to join Heretic?

I want to join Heretic because it feels like you share the same view as me when it comes to raiding, hardcore raiding but at a casual level. I want to have serious progression while still being able to enjoy other aspects of the game and I think you can offer me that.

What's your raiding experience?

(Note: You will find most of my pre ToGC/ICC experience on my shaman: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Executus&cn=Un%C3%ADtedstar)

Vanilla:

None. Started playing two-three months before BC hit.

Burning Crusade:

Karazhan: Clear

Magtheridons Lair: Clear

Gruul's Lair: Clear

Tempest Keep: Clear

Serpentshrine Cavern: Clear

Zul'Aman: Clear

Black Temple: Clear

Mount Hyjal: Clear

Sunwell Plateau: 4/6 Pre nerf with a few <10% wipes on Muru. 6/6 shortly after it.

Wrath of the Lich King:

Naxxramas 10/25: Clear

Obsidian Sanctum 10/25: Clear (3 drakes pre Ulduar on both 10/25)

Eye of Eternity 10/25: Clear

Ulduar 10: 14/14 + drake

Ulduar 25: 13/14 +7/9 HMs (One Light and Knock Knock Knock on Wood missing)

ToC 10/25: Clear

ToGC 10: Clear (Tribute to Mad Skill)

ToGC 25: Clear (Tribute to Insanity + Realm First)

ICC 10: 11/12 Normal 6/12 Heroic

ICC 25: 12/12 Normal 11/12 Heroic (1 achievement from the drake)

Can you provide a log of your performance in a raid?

Yes I can. Here you go:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3q7u569d0mqxvibm/ (Most recent one)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/56771/(you can check here if you want to see more logs)

Why do you play the class and spec you play?

In BC and the majority of WOTLK I played a Restoration Shaman. However my Death Knight was always my main alt and there was always something pulling me towards it, I simply loved the style of the class and especially the frost spec.

However when they major nerf to Frost hit, making the spec completely unviable I stopped playing it for quite awhile. Frost was what I enjoyed the most about Death Knights so when they took that away I didn't enjoy playing it anymore. However after having benched it for quite awhile I decided to try Unholy out when it got a major buff, and I liked it a bit not as much as I had with frost but enough for me to start playing it again.

But, Frost was the spec that practically made me level a Death Knight, so when they announced that they would be making Frost viable again; I immediately started to gear it so I was ready for the buff to land. When the buff hit it became as enjoyable to play again, if not even more so then before. I also started to enjoy my Shaman a lot less that combined with the buff to Death Knights, made my decision even easier. I decided to make my Death Knight my new main and start raiding again, but this time with a new character to improve and master.

In what way do you think you will improve our raids?

Well, I'm a social and fun person to be around, at least I hope I am :D. I always come fully prepared to raids and since im a very competetive person I always try to find ways to maximize my DPS.

I'm also not afraid of wiping for hours and hours on the same boss, I raid to progress and not to get shiny epics.

What can you bring to the guild?

As I said before I'm a fun person to be around, I'm always happy to help my fellow guildies with almost anything and I always strive to be the best at what I do.

Do you have the following add-ons or programs?

DeadlyBossMods: Ofc

Omen: Ofc

Mumble: Not atm no, but I will get it if I get accepted:p.

Anything else you'd like to add? :

I hope you've enjoyed reading my application. As you've noticed I "added/changed/moved" some parts of the application, I've done this because I thought that it would give you a larger grasp over what kind of player I am.

Hi Decrepify,

Thanks for your application, but we've decided not to offer you a trial.

Good luck in your search for a guild.

Sign in to follow this