Heretic Guild Forums
Nituna

Nituna - Protection Paladin

Nituna | Protection Paladin

01. Introduction

Greetings! I am a 2x year old working male from western part of Europe. I am both self-employed with my own business and work in-house as an Internet Marketeer and Web Developer. My working hours are from 08:30 untill 17:00 and any amount more that I wish to invest into my company. Further details which might be relevant are that I live alone, I don't drink 'n play and last but not least, my web development skills can be put to use if you are ever interested in owning your very own website. I've played and am capable of playing the following classs; Paladin, Hunter, Shaman and Priest. Though I am currently only cataclismically updated on Paladins.

02. Character Information

Since the launch of Cataclysm I have focused my attention and playtime on my Protection Paladin, Nituna. I am not unfamiliar with paladins as I have played one since the beginning of Vanilla all the way troughout the end of The Burning Crusade. During these long years I have shown well above adequate performance as a holy, protection and retribution paladin, in that order. Shortly after the launch of Wrath of the Lich King I switched to my in vanilla created Hunter which took all of the Burning Crusade to level from 60-70. Cataclysm hits and I feel my roots calling me. It is not as if my paladin had been inactive during Wrath of the Lich King but I could not ignore him any longer, he required my full attention.

I take both my class and role very serious, in a recent blue post Ghostcrawler explained the simple concept which some people still fail to grasp. If the tank is not up to standards the DPS will have to either slow down on their DPS or overaggro. Both results put a great stress on the healers who are most likely already having a hard enough time as it is. A DPS should not have to worry about whether or not the tank has aggro, they just need to DPS.

In order to provide you with what you require from a tank I make sure to min/max my character as much as I can. To help me with this I rely not only on my own, properly functioning, brain but also on the community. I am a regular visitor of websites such as; Maintankadin, TankSpot and Elitist Jerks. I stay up to date by following MMO-Champion and by reading the patch-notes.

02.1. Talents, Glyphs & Enchants

It is safe to say that my character as it is now is a mess. Luckily I am aware of this, I've mostly been playing around trying various talent specs, stat focusses and approaches. Rather than picking and sticking to whatever forum tells me I invest a good amount of time in what works and what does not. Right now I have a mastery focused gear set with a WoG talent spec. The results of this is not being soft-cap'd for expertise and lacking hit. It's been going so and so, i'm not entirely displeased with it as it means I'm dieing a lot less in heroics and I can still maintain threat without any problems. For raids I will without a doubt switch to a different spec and the gear is easily resolved with some reforging, proper enchanting and gemming.

I enjoy and am capable of playin all of the paladin specilizations, but I love tanking. Since the arrival of duel spec this means that I can have two tanking specs. One for trash/whatever and one focused on bosses, i'll be doing exactly this once the need arrives. Otherwise it'll be protection and holy.

03. Raiding History

By now the lenght of my application is increasing so i'll keep things faily short and will answer when and if questions are asked.

03.1. World of Warcraft (Vanilla)

During Vanilla I played as a holy paladin, I have raided everything that Vanilla had to offer and even managed to kill viscidus and achieve a world 7th Kel'Thuzad kill. I cleared, during their respective time periods, the following; MC, BWL, AQ20/40 and Naxxramas. During this period I have functioned as both a member and raid leader.

03.1. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade

During the Burning Crusade I had my first break after SSC and TK. It was school related. I regained my activity with a random guild halfway through their clearing of black temple and Hyjall. This was before Sunwell was released. I left this guild and joined a more aggressive one where I functioned as a holy paladin on most bosses, a prot paladin at Felmyst and Mu'ru and a ret paladin at Brutallus (someone needed to keep those judgement active, Crusader Strike anyone?). It is worth mentioning that I cleared Sunwell pre-nerf, including Mu'ru. I quit wow, SOLD my account and continued my education. I cleared, during their respective time periods, the following; SSC, TK, Black Temple, Hyjal and Sunwell. During this period I have functioned as both a member and raid leader.

03.1. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (why do I keep coming back?)

Since I sold my paladin I took on my hunter who'm I still had and tried something completely different. I can provide oceans of text (an ocean is a form of text measurement which counts around 23.489 characters) on how I enjoyed it but I'll spare you the details. I cleared, during their respective time periods, the following; Naxxramas, OS3D, Malygos, Ulduar, TOC and took some strolls into ICC. During this period I have functioned as both a member, raid leader and guild leader. I took another break from the game around January this year, content was not exciting, my computer was not capable of handling even the 10M raids and I wanted to put more attention in both my company and my social life.

It is worth mentioning that at this point I had been working on the same laptop I had been using since '04. I believe it doesn't take much to imagine how patience and focus it took to keep my performance above average and maintain my sanity on that hellhole of a laptop.

03.1. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Can't believe I am still here)

I haven't raided in Cataclysm, the heroics feel like Vanilla with the random bits of blue gear and the occasional epics. So far I've fed greatly on the tears of players complaining about difficulty. I am trying to accomplish as much as I can before the nerf bat hits.

04. Computer Information[/b][/indent][/size]

I am proud to share with you what I am currently using! And also, I'm not ashamed to show you what I was using! What you're looking at containes the following;

• 27" iMac
  • 2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x4GB
  • ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 SDRAM

I believe that it is more than enough to keep raiding without any hardware related limitations! My connection itself is stable, I don't play over wireless to minimize the risks.

05. Additional Information

Some additional information which I may have left out in previous walls of text. I keybind everything, I love macro's and use them often. Currently I have a raid-ready UI but it is a ongoing project. I've switched from a 1440x900 resolution to 2560x1440 which leaves me with a lot of room to tinker away. I use Skada for threat but I have DBM. Mumble is not installed but this requires no effort to acquire.

05.1. My role in PVE

Making sure that my threat generation and level is well above others. Maintaining a clear line of communication with the rest of the raid in terms of 'what's happening next'. It's not the healers job to anticipate some wild hippy stunt that I might preform but rather mine to announce it. Am I going to be taking less damage due to a cooldown? Let's make sure they know so they don't have to be too afraid to shift some more healing to the rest of the raid.

If the DPS overaggro and we wipe it is ALWAYS my fault, note that always in this case considers an enviroment in which players are not mentally ill. I should notice someone gaining up on me on threat and take the appropriate actions. Calling it out via voice-communication, casting hand of salvation, GENERATING EVEN MORE TPS.

05.2. What is PVE all about.

Achieving with a group effort in which I play a visible part. Finetuning tactics to notice a clear increase in performance from not only myself but my fellow raiders. To me PVE is finding the best possible solution to a common problem (usually a giant dragon). Also, i'm not going to lie, I do enjoy raid achievements and their rewards.

For me this is as thorough as it gets. If I go on i'll just repeat myself over and over.

06. Final Words

Now you might have noticed that I've been quite secretive in regards to past characters, my name and age. Not to forget that I've also sold an account. Things that would make one wonder. Simply said though, I have no direct interest in sharing my name, past characters or guilds. Please don't see this as insulting, I have never been banned, misstreated guilds or its members nor am I too familiar with this realm. I do however respect my privacy but understand your sitation and will provide, in secret, more details if needed. My performance should speak for itself and I ask to leave it at that.

I know for a fact that sometimes I come off as a jerk but I'm really just a bit too honest and direct, Heretic seems like a great place for me to join. You're a 10-man raiding guild which is exactly what I am looking for. I had given it a shot to create my own guild but this seems, due to my lack of tolerance, a bad decision. Instead I would much play my part, provide my services, skill, dedication and time to bringing what already seems to be a great guild to even higher grounds. Really, can't stress this enough, I am a loveable guy. I just want to be honest about it, rather than using rainbow paint and a sugar canvas to paint you a picture of lies and deceit.

Your raiding times are absolutely not a problem, I can attend at least 2-3 raids per week. I am the guild leader in a guild of 5 friends and we are looking to transfer away since there are 2 tanks and we have a varied amount of free time available. Due to people not accepting tanks very often I have indeed applied to other guilds and I am continueing my search until I am accepted. My gear as it is good enough for raiding but it won't be the same as guilds continue to progress. This means that there is somewhat of a rush to start raiding.

I am not familiar with the realm nor the guild, to my knowledge I know noone in Heretic. You had a recruitment status for protection paladins on wowprogress.com which is why I am here.

I can be high maintence due to the following abnormalities;

• I am terrible at dealing with incompetence, from other people. Should a player make mistake I usually get annoyed but keep it to myself. Should this happen again, especially if consecutive, I'll have a very hard time not expressing this in a manner I deem fitting. (I can be a jerk if another player does not show effort). Over the years I have managed to control this fairly well to a point that I consider myself CURED! But I haven't raided in a while so I am simply leaving this as a fair word of warning
  • I am really bad at being forgiving when people can'be bothered to improve.
  • Hell is more likely to freeze over before I start raiding more than 3 days a week, every week, no questions asked.

Thank you for taking the time and patience to read through my application, if you've reached the end and you're still interested. I am looking forward to your replies & question. Ready to answer them in a timely manner. My aplogies for any grammer and/or spelling mistakes. If bothered by it I apologise for the manner in which my application was posted, I felt that the bullet list application was better suited for a shorter application and not mine considering the amount I wanted to say. Should this decision be fault on my side I ask of you to allow me to reply in a manner to you liking.

Sincerely,

Nituna | Protection Paladin

Whats wrong with people not writing their own applications, we actually got a template for a reason.

You're a 10-man raiding guild which is exactly what I am looking for.

Last time i checked we were a 25man raiding guild, also you're 2x years old? It's not hard to actually write your age.

Application Rejected

Guen over and out

Whats wrong with people not writing their own applications, we actually got a template for a reason.

Last time i checked we were a 25man raiding guild, also you're 2x years old? It's not hard to actually write your age.

Application Rejected

Guen over and out

The 10-man was simply as mistake as I was looking at several other guilds, which I also stated in my application. This due to the difficulty of finding a guild as a tank. I stated being 2x because nowadays, especially in my occupation, people google resume information to find out what people do. As little information about me would reduce the chances of being confronted with something that people look at as being a bad thing. This is not some 'what-if-they-would-do-that' theory but something which I have experienced in the past. Also something I have invested time in so that the information could be removed, if you want I can share as much detail with you via PM but rather not on public forums which get scraped by Google.

To bring forth the template part I did mention,

Thank you for taking the time and patience to read through my application, if you've reached the end and you're still interested. I am looking forward to your replies & question. Ready to answer them in a timely manner. My aplogies for any grammer and/or spelling mistakes. If bothered by it I apologise for the manner in which my application was posted, I felt that the bullet list application was better suited for a shorter application and not mine considering the amount I wanted to say. Should this decision be fault on my side I ask of you to allow me to reply in a manner to you liking.

I had hoped that you would find the extra time invested in the application to be a good thing rather then a bad, all I ask is if you could allow me the chance to respond in a manner to your liking, via the template, for a reconsideration. I have no bad intentions nor am I interested in wasting your time.

Our template is telling us what we need to know about the person applying, it doesn't help if people keeps posting their own templates, they will just get instant rejected.

I had hoped that you would find the extra time invested in the application to be a good thing rather then a bad

This application looks to me that you just made one template and then copy/paste it on multiply guild sites, and as you already mentioned thats probably what you have done.

So the extra invested time would probably be from correcting guild names and/or 10-25 man raid size?

Our decision is final, application rejected.

Guen over and out