mendes

warrior

Character name: Mendes

Class: Fury Warrior

Level (must be 85): 85

Talents:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellfire/mendes/talent/primary

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellfire/mendes/talent/secondary

Are you willing to respec if needed?: Yes.

Link to Armory profile:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellfire/mendes/simple

Timezone: (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

Can you attend at least 2 out of 3 raids every week?

Atm i'm working at my University so my daily schedule is the one i feel like it. I usually finish every day around 18h which gives me time to get home and prepare myself for raids, so the answer would be yes i can attend every raid.

Does your connection suck?

(We know no one is going to say 'yes, my connection sucks'. But it's not hard to find out once you start raiding, so if you're going to lie, just save yourself the hassle and don't apply in the first place.)

CPU: Intel core 2 quad core @2.4GHz

GPU: Gygabyte ATI Radeon HD 5770 1Gb DDR5

RAM: 3Gb of RAM

Operating System: Windows Vista/7

Connection speed: 20Mbs ADSL 2+. Connected by cable since i dont rely on wireless to have a stable connection

Previous guild(s) and why did you leave it/them?

<Tugas>, <Reborn Heroes>: Casual Portuguese guilds. My first guilds, we were a small group of dreamers that started wow only a few months and after a while ppl started leaving because we didnt't do anything special or had the ppl to do it.

<Ordo Renatus>: Ordo was my true first raiding guild in TBC. I got an inv from the GM after a small application to Ordo and their need of a fury warrior. Raided a lot with them until WOTLK and learned a lot about wow and my class in general. After GM left because RL work and guild disbanded.

<Heathen Dogs>, <Orbis Tertius>: 2 guilds where i did some progress in WOTLK but both disbanded because of lack progress/players on the server. Most of the players of <Heathen Dogs> disbanded by changing server and <Orbis Tertius> best players joined <A Necessary Evil> which was the best horde guild on the server.

<Santa Maria>: I had a couple of rl friends in Santa Maria so i was there for a few raids with them. Guild where i had some fun with some friends but they changed to Kazzak server.

<Impulse>: Impulse joined Hellfire with great expectations about the server, and the players in it. I joined them since i wanted to get back to real raiding and they seemed to have a nice strong group. We did nice when it comes to progress and got some bosses in ICC close to first server. After a while the GM just decided to change server again and him and his GF changed server again with some officers.

<A Necessary Evil>: ANE in TBC was the best guild on the server with a couple of first server kills. In WOTLK the server lost a lot of good players, a lot of good guils. We accepted some good players, but the constant failing on bosses like LK hc 25man and halion hc 25man made the guild become passive towards raiding. Cataclysm poped and officers decided to reroll, GM rerolled, and we got left with a small group to raid. We barely had ppl to make a decent 10man group. The last weeks ANE didn't have any applications and it seems they were only inviting ppl as friends to the guild. No real progress was going on. I was in the guild for more than a year when we had a raiding break which lead to more ppl leaving. I applied to 2 other guilds but didn't get accepted since they were full on melee, so i decided to give another try with ANE and tried to help with small details but in the end my time had come in ANE.

If you are currently in a guild, did you inform the officers about applying here?

I'm guildless atm.

Are you applying to other guilds than Heretic?

No, only to Heretic

Who do you know in Heretic?

No one since i'm applying from a different server.

Why do you want to join Heretic?

I have to be honest here, I made a list of all the good horde raiding guilds out there according to Wow-progress, who were looking for a warrior, then started looking into the current situation on the server they were playing on. Your server has a really nice population so it seems like an active place with stuff going on even outside of prime time, both inside and outside the guild. You are a very progressed guild and get the job done, this is what really appeals to me. Im also looking for a social environment where i can chillax outside of raids and talk to people, but also one that is serious when it comes to progression and raiding. Also a stable atmosphere in that there is little drama and problems are solved quickly rather than left to lead to other problems.

I also find it important to dedicate my time fully to a guild at a high level, now when guild reputation and achievements have been implemented, hopefully this will cause people to be much more "soulbound" to their current home (guild), instead of jumping around to the left and right. Heretic really looks like a place where a good core of very active raiders can find their tranquillity for years to come.

What's your raiding experience?

Vanilla: Started playing wow by the end of Vanilla so i didn't do any Vanilla raids.

TBC: In TBC i leveled up until 70 and started raiding in BT pre nerf. After my raiding start, i've tryed in TBC most of the raids but some of them i didnt

got last bosses down. Did kara, ZA, MH, BT, SSC, Gruul.

WotLK:

Naxx: 10/25

Ulduar: 14/14 on 10man and all hcs modes

13/14 on 25man and some hcs modes

TOC: 5/5 on 10 man and 5/5 hc modes

5/5 on 25 man and 5/5 hc modes

ICC: 12/12 on 10 man and 12/12 hc modes

12/12 on 25 man and 11/12 hc modes

Halion: 25 man and wiped on 25 man hc mode

Cata:

Baradin Hold: 1/1

BD: 2/6 25man

TFW: 1/2 25man

TBT: 1/4 25man

Can you provide a log of your performance in a raid?

My last guild became so passive towards raiding that not even an updated wws log we had before i left. The following website is the one we used to have, i suppose there's some old logs there from our raids.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/24077/

Why do you play the class and spec you play? In what way do you think you will improve our raids?

My spec atm is 6/32/3 and i have my spec for arena 31/10/0. Ofc i'm always open to respec some points if the guild needs. Some points like piercing howl, deep wounds, heroic fury, might be usefull for some fights to kill a boss.

About warriors in general, Blizzard is still trying to perfect us, the rage regen is something that prolly gives Blizzard a hard time. I believe that these new updates for warriors is not about pushing buttons like it used to be in WOTLK, but i believe we got back to what warrior is about, managing our rage. Even though Blizzard didn't make a great job with our new talents, i like the fact that not every1 is going to be able to play warrior after 1 day trying it.

As a damage dealing warrior (usually fury specced, I've been changing every now and then to fit the progressed content), my main focus is (of course) dealing as much total damage on each encounter. When it comes to trash, if there used to be a class not allowed slacking it's us warriors (whirlwind and cleave adds up to insane dps). Also, many fights requires a rotation of interrupts in which DD-warriors participate often, such as General in Ulduar, Lord Jaraxxus in TOC or even Lady Deathwhisper in ICC, and last but not least the 5% crit i bring to the raid may help in some fights.

Glyphs

Prime

-Glyph of Bloodthirst

-Glyph of Slam

-Glyph of Raging Blow

Major

-Glyph of Death Wish

-Glyph of Cleaving

-Glyph of Heroic Throw

Minor

-Glyph of Berserker Rage

-Glyph of Battle

-Glyph of Command

When it comes to glyphs the ones i'm using the most usefull considering the spec i'm raiding with. I choose my glyphs according the raid setup and according to the guild's needs.

What can you bring to the guild?

I'm a competition loving player, with high attendance and reliability. I don't usually slack, though I have my bad days like everyone else. I evaluate my own performance and like to keep track of numbers. ;)

Do you have the following addons or programs?

DeadlyBossMods: Yes

Omen: Yes

Mumble: I have similar one.

Anything else you'd like to add?

I always check all kind of websites as preparation for the raids that provide helpful info about wow and every class.

http://elitistjerks.com/

http://www.mmo-champion.com

http://www.wowwiki.com

http://www.curse.com/

http://www.arenajunkies.com/

http://wow.incgamers.com/

and so on...

when it comes to knowledge and theorycraft i like to do some experiments with my gear. I save some gear that drops here and there for some compensation if needed, when aditional gear drops. Fury warriors are atm struggling with the hit cap (27%), since we're not able to get it with this tier. The exp cap stayed the same (26) and it's not hard to get. Gemming is still a question for fury warriors, a lot of warriors are going for hit gems, others are trying arms because of the hard hit cap. Arms got buffed recently, bladestorm dealing 150% seems to give warriors something to question themselves when it comes going fury or arms. Atm i'm still building up my best gear setup, gemming and enchant wise, i haven't been lucky with some drops and still so i'm using some gear that i think it's usefull for raids, like pvp weapon and pvp boots since General Husam decided not to give me my hc boots. Atm i'm trying single-minded fury since the rage generation it seems to be easier to handle.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Besides that, thanks for reading the application and hope to hear from u ppl soon.

Cheers

the armory shows just your pvp gear at the moment, you need to log out in your pve stuff.

Thanks for your application.

We've decided that we won't offer you a trial.

Good luck in your search for a new home.

Guen over and out

Sign in to follow this